To our valued guests,
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and employees is always our top priority, even more so today. With the latest news on Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, The Blackwell Inn is doing its part to help keep our community healthy and we ask our guests to do the same.
- Our associates adhere to and enforce health and safety guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health and relevant industry associations/governing bodies. OSU has created the Safe and Healthy Campus for our university community.
- Our associates are committed to ensuring our hotel, conference center, restaurant and lobby lounge remain a safe and healthy place for you and your guests to enjoy. We are enforcing daily health checks on employees daily and mandating employees who have any signs of illness to stay home.
- Additional measures have been put into place to support a healthy environment for our guests and associates. This includes signage encouraging physical distancing, 24-hour room recovery plan, implementation of hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces throughout the day. Our associates are equipped with protective gear, including face masks and gloves.
- Our hotel team continues to receive ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols, enforce physical distancing practices within our hotel and decrease maximum capacity and appointment scheduling's upon request.
Our guests are encouraged to adhere to the following guidelines as part of the Safe and Healthy Campus:
- Face masks must be worn in indoor settings and in outdoor spaces where individuals gather and cannot maintain physical distancing of at least six feet between each person.
Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching common surfaces. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used. The university is taking measures to make hand sanitizer widely available across Ohio State’s campuses.
Everyone should maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in any public space — indoor or outdoor — wherever possible.
The Ohio State University announced the plan for students to return to campus this autumn semester while creating and maintaining a safe environment for the university community. A university transition task force composed of university leaders, medical professionals and public health experts worked extensively to identify opportunities to provide a safe and healthy experience for students returning to campus. Repurposing The Blackwell as resident accommodations for autumn 2020 is a part of that master plan. University and Blackwell staff continue to work in partnership and follow all guidelines and protocols set by state and federal agencies to ensure a safe and healthy buckeye experience while students reside at The Blackwell.
- If you need to adjust reservations made via the hotel website or hotel directly, please contact the Blackwell Reservations Office toll free 866-247-4003 or via email BlackwellReservations@osu.edu.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
- Clients who have events or meetings, please contact the hotel sales office directly at 614-247-4000 or via email at BlackwellSales@osu.edu to discuss your upcoming room blocks and how we are taking measures to protect our guests and your attendees.
Our commitment to planning for the future in the areas of cleanliness, hygiene and physical distancing is our priority. We will continue monitoring the COVID-19 updates, and will respond based on the advice of The Ohio State University, government partners, public health authorities, and medical professionals. Your continued flexibility, cooperation and commitment are vital to remain Together As Buckeyes in keeping the community safe.